Our work with orphans and widows began in July 2007 in response to needs identified by local leaders at Iglesia La Viña in Montellano in the Dominican Republic. Its creation was inspired by their loving concern for their neighbors, dedication to serving, and heart to reach out to the poor.
Originally called Orphans and Widows Care Ministry, and later renamed Love Unconditional, it began as a ministry of The Vineyard Church of Hopkinton.
In December of 2018, with the full blessing of Vineyard Hopkinton’s Board of Directors, Love Unconditional began in the process of incorporation in the State of Massachusetts and launching as a nonprofit organization.
In August 2019, Love Unconditional, Inc. became an exempt 501(c)(3) public charity.
Today, we continue to partner in international ministry – sharing love, bringing hope, and doing it together!
- Giving from the heart
- Serving with compassion & wisdom
- Helping in personal & practical ways
- Every person is created in God’s image. (Genesis 1:27)
- Every child has the right to safe shelter, education, food, and the opportunity to grow up in a nurturing environment. (James 1:27)
- A holistic approach is necessary. It is not enough to meet physical needs. We are spiritual beings in need of hope and a future! (Jeremiah 29:1)